Achilles USA is committed to producing high-quality products for our customers in an economically, safe, and environmentally responsible manner. While our products benefit people worldwide, being keenly aware of the environmental footprint we leave is a vital business practice of ours. This awareness plays a key role in our continued efforts to ensure the safety of our workforce, our community and the sustainability of our resources.
We ensure a cleaner environment by:
- Reducing the amount of energy our organization consumes
- Reducing the amount of our air emissions that our manufacturing processes create
- Reducing, reusing and recycling solid waste
- Exceeding all requirements involving the management of storm water
- Working closely with local, state, and federal agencies to exceed our environmental requirements
- Implementing new technologies and new best management practices to improve our environmental footprint
- Continually training (500 man hours in 2011) all employees on environmental responsibility both during new employee orientation as well as annual refresher training
- Setting clearly defined environmental objectives, targets, and goals to ensure that our manufacturing processes do not create a negative environmental impact
- Conducting regular third party audits to ensure continued compliance with local, state and federal agencies as well as to ensure continued success in regards to our ISO 14001 certification.
Manufactured using a plant-based plasticizer, Bio-Clear is the only sustainable static cling on the market, making it an environmentally friendly alternative to traditional petroleum-based plasticizers.
Every 40,000 pounds of Bio-Clear produced in favor of traditional petroleum-based films, reduces our environmental footprint and reliance on fossil fuels by 1,625 gallons or 13,000 pounds.
Creating a static cling using a renewable resource has earned Bio-Clear recognition as a USDA Certified Biobased Product.
We are proud to have achieved and maintained the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) 14001 certification and have implemented a policy and a vision to be recognized the world over for our commitment to excellence in meeting and exceeding environmental requirements around the world.